Join Our Team
Family Solicitor/Legal Executive
This role will suit a Solicitor/Legal Executive with around three years PQE and a proven track record of handling a varied family/matrimonial case load. There is an existing client base which is purely privately paying. Having a following for this role will be advantageous. The Head of Department is willing to consider full or part-time hours for this role.
You must also have experience and be willing to undertake business development.
Job Type: Permanent, Part-time and Full-time considered
Location: Grasscroft, Saddleworth
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Reports to: Head of Department/Director
Job Purpose: To manage own case load and to assist the Head of Department with his case load.
Award winning firm seeking a Family Solicitor/Legal Executive on a part-time basis but full-time also considered to the correct candidate.
We are a dynamic and award winning multi-office practice which provides a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the UK. Recognising that employees are our greatest asset, we invest in training and development programs and provide a working environment, which is both supportive and challenging. Blending traditional values of personal and cost-effective advice with a modern fresh approach, we have achieved numerous accreditations and awards. We are enjoying continuous success and continuous growth and are highly regarded within the legal market. We would offer great career prospects and a competitive salary and are now seeking an Assistant in the Family Department due to a substantial increase in instructions.
1. To be the main point of contact for clients in the absence of the Head of Department.
2. To build relationships with clients and internal and external contacts on behalf of the Team.
3. To use initiative to prepare correspondence and legal documents using Case Management.
4. To manage your own case load and to assist the Head of the Department.
5. To open and close files.
6. To answer telephone calls promptly, taking messages and returning calls on the same day.
7. To meet and exceed cost targets
8. To provide accurate cost estimates and to bill clients on a regular basis and when necessary chase payment.
Person specification essential skills and qualifications
· A good level of education.
· The ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
· Excellent IT skills.
· Excellent organisation and communication skills.
· To have good connections and a desire to network as business development is vital in this role.
· To have experience of dealing with low, middle and high net worth individuals as all work is privately paying.
· To be experienced in dealing with divorce proceedings, financial matters arising out of divorce proceedings, children matters as well as protection of wealth with Cohabitation Agreements and Pre/Post-Nuptial Agreements. A knowledge of cohabitation disputes would also be beneficial to the role.
· Be reliable and diligent with good attention to detail.
· Self-motivation to work independently and as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.
· Have a high level of confidentiality.
Please contact Anthony Jones with your CV on [email protected]