Join Our Team
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Grasscroft, Saddlewoth
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Reports to: Head of Department (HOD) /Director
Job Purpose: Legal assistant in the conveyancing team.
CQS accredited firm is now seeking a Conveyancing Assistant.
We are a dynamic multi-office practice which provides a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the UK. Recognising that employees are our greatest asset, we invest in training and development programmes and provide a working environment, which is both supportive and challenging. Blending traditional values of personal and cost-effective advice with a modern and fresh approach we have achieved numerous accreditations and awards. Enjoying continual success and growth we are highly regarded within the legal market. Offering great career prospect and competitive salary, we are now seeking a Conveyancing Assistant.
1. To be the main point of contact for clients in the absence of his/her Head of Department.
2. To build relationships with clients and internal and external contacts on behalf of the team.
3. To attend clients/contacts in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care. Ensuring all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day.
4. To use initiative to prepare correspondence and legal documents using case management and to ensure a high quality of the documents, faxes and photocopies.
5. To progress case management within the limit of their ability as requested by their supervisor.
6. To open and close files.
7. To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch.
8. To maintain and update the filing systems.
9. To answer the telephones promptly, taking messages and following up where necessary in a pro-active manner.
10. Controlling the diaries, organising meetings, lunches, booking rooms etc.
11. To use initiative to progress files within the limits of his/her own ability.
12. Occasional audio typing to cover absences or excessive work load when required.
13. Verifying client identification.
14. To assist HOD/Director in the management of caseload by actioning legal procedures as directed by the HOD/Director.
15. To assist HOD/Director in the management of caseload by dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone.
Person Specification Essential Skills & qualifications
• A good level of education.
• Competent typing ability.
• Excellent IT Skills with working knowledge of all MS applications especially Word.
• Have excellent organisational and communication skills. Desirable Skills & qualifications
• Have an in depth understanding of the legal secretary role and administration process within the profession.
• Be reliable and diligent, with good attention to detail.
• Self-motivation to work independently and as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.